The #ENDSARS protesters defied the ban by the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) and took to the streets to continue to drive home their message.
New National Star reports that #EndSARS protesters who converged peacefully at a junction leading to the Popular Bannex Plaza remain undeterred and occupied the junction for several hours.
A number of police officers and people stood by watching as protesters blocked the streets and chanted slogans calling for widespread scrap of #SARS across the country.
Earlier today, they also marched to National Assembly Complex and had been violently chased away by members of the Nigerian army.
However, unbothered by the violent reaction of security forces, the protesters regrouped to occupy the normally busy junction and continued with the protest round the city.
It can be recalled that earlier this morning, the security committee of FCTA said ongoing protests endanger the lives of everyone in the capital city and placed a ban on the street protests.
In a statement released by the FCT administration on Thursday, October 15, 2020, the security committee decided at its October 13 meeting that the protests are in violation of safety rules.
The committee said the peaceful protesters have been behaving in an unruly manner and caused inconveniences to others in the capital city.
The committee also said the protesters have failed to comply with COVID-19 guidelines regulating public gatherings.
But the protesters, defiant in their stance, said it would take more than notice of ban or other forms of threat from the government to make them drop their agitation.